Beefier axles for 620

This is my first time posting on here you guys have helped me a ton the last few years. But I made an account because I scoured for info on a beefier axle for a 620 and couldn't find anything too concrete. I have a 74' 620 with a 327 sbc with a t-5 transmission in it. I just got a new motor out of an old el Camino but it's been upgraded significantly. It's making around 400hp. I've already upgraded to slotted disc brakes, doing chassis stiffening, and all that but now that it's making this much I'll need to upgrade my t-5 and swap to a beefier axle. Feel free to make fun of me for not doing the truck justice but some help would be appreciated 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of no 620 axles. Why not modify a mustang 8.8 axle assembly. Or what ever is close to what ever the 620 width is. Drill the axles for 6 bolt rims. The 8.8 has lots of options like disc brakes and LSD as well as many many gear options. That 4.375 must be killer on gas mileage. Maybe an S10 chev truck?

Once done there are tons of spare parts in the wrecking yards compared to the 620.