ISO RL*411 wheel hub assembly FRONT

As you saw by the title, I’m desperately looking for a wheel hub assembly for my RL411 Sedan. It runs and drives and breaks necks with the best of them. 

here’s the story.

I bought the car about a year ago and it was a decent running project. One of the issues was it had a busted bearing in the drivers side front wheel assembly. It had been busted in there so long that when I tried to replace it, my wheel hub had been gauges out so deep that it would no longer hold a bearing in place. Obviously less than ideal.. 

I’ve been looking for this part (or a fabricator that can help) for over a year now and thought maybe someone on here has RL parts car they wouldn’t mind helping me out with. 

TIA

05896CAA-339D-41C2-9A01-F3D5E5ECD7B5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You may have tp have a skilled machinist turn the gauge out, sleeve the existing hub and substitute a bearing that fits the bore and new machined hub.  Good luck!  By the way you and I need to find touch up paint for the scrapes.  1967 Chevy Turquoise seems a good bet, but I have not found it in the available store racks.

5 hours ago, MikeRL411 said:

Would you believe gouge?

Kulda figgurd 😉

5 hours ago, MikeRL411 said:

You may have tp have a skilled machinist turn the gauge out, sleeve the existing hub and substitute a bearing that fits the bore and new machined hub.  Good luck! 

I’ve looked into it a little, but I could put some more energy into finding someone who will take it on. Most guys are scared to touch my car…

• 1 month later...

UPDATE* somehow I found and bought two more RL411s...

one has been sitting since '82 and is begging to be restored.

the other was bought from a salvage yard with hopes of restoring but will now be the parts car to keep my 2 RLs on the road!

I might start a thread for the SSS restoration.. its a red auto '67 with awesome patina.
I currently daily the blue RL pictured above.

At least I have a wheel assembly now!

• Like 1