Transmission fluid check.

Thomas Perkins

Okay Ya'll.Check your Calendars. Tomorrow is check your transmission fluid Day.I just got under mine and see no leaks,the teflon tape is doing good on the drain and fill plug.But I want to make sure.It is shifting good.I surely believe in preventive maintenance and I will look around under there to see if anything is out of place.My oil pan plug is not leaking.I use Red Line 4 MT-90 75W90 GL Gear Oil.I paid 37.20  for 2 quarts and had a little left over from Ebay back in August 2021 when I changed it.I had Red line in it when I changed it.It was dirty looking when I changed it and it only had about 8000 miles on it.So I will change it again in August.It shifts way better with this Redline.Here is a awesome pump I use that I got from Harbor Freight for 10 bucks.The end part that goes into the fluid container hole is bigger than the container hole so I use a Mobile 1  oil container cause it is much bigger than the other regular oil containers. And it fits good.The end piece fits perfect in the fill hole.It will be 54 degrees here in Georgia...After you use this pump,you will want to go slap your brother...2 pushes of the pump and your done with one quart.

0000253_mt-90-75w90-gl-4-gear-oil_464.jpeg

61746_W3.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also use MT-90 and it is awesome, being a synthetic it doesn't turn to molasses in the cold as much either!  That big oil pump is manly and all but if you really want to work smarter not harder, these drill gun powered pumps with some cheap nylon tubing wins the prize. 

pump1.jpg

• Like 2

Nope Logical1,you came in a close second.Hi Dwayne.But any way,everyone has there way,but Mike has the coolest way.I just unscrewed the fill plug and it was still pink and  perty clean, fluid started coming out so I have no leaks using this synthetic oil. ..I just drove to the new park here and took some pictures..It's almost a half mile from my house,they have 2 lakes,walking trails and other things.Also a BBQ restaurant across the street.

100_9246.jpg

100_9247.jpg

100_9248.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins