Brake brain fade

Beowulf

I bought used spindle and brake assemblies back when I first got the truck wanting to go with bigger brakes. Well a year later and health set back I’ve just got them out to rebuild and can’t remember the year of the brakes. They’re Frontier single piston and only numbers on rotor is 210467-C and WF2.  Want to get new rotors and calipers kits.
any help out there?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rotors start with 40206-????? part numbers.

Calipers 41001-?????

Don't know about the later D21 Hardbody called the Frontier. Only heard of using the earlier D21 front spindles and brakes. You sure it's from a Frontier? Pictures might help someone ID it.

rockauto.com is a great resource for looking up this kind of info.  According to them, all the '98 and up Frontier calipers were two piston.  The rotors and calipers from 12/85 thru 1997 are the same. After '94, RA just lists "Pickup" and doesn't call it a Frontier until '98. They also don't call it a D21 after '94.

11/85 and older were 720....the calipers are the same but the rotors had a shorter top hat. I can't see the top hat in this pic very well, but they look like they have the taller hat.  I have pics on this page that will show the differences and the year breakdowns for 620/720/HB rotors.  http://www.bluehandsinc.com/hub-info.html

If you're looking to swap these onto a ball joint 620, they should be fine.  

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, mklotz70 said:

rockauto.com is a great resource for looking up this kind of info.  According to them, all the '98 and up Frontier calipers were two piston.  The rotors and calipers from 12/85 thru 1997 are the same. After '94, RA just lists "Pickup" and doesn't call it a Frontier until '98. They also don't call it a D21 after '94.

11/85 and older were 720....the calipers are the same but the rotors had a shorter top hat. I can't see the top hat in this pic very well, but they look like they have the taller hat.  I have pics on this page that will show the differences and the year breakdowns for 620/720/HB rotors.  http://www.bluehandsinc.com/hub-info.html

If you're looking to swap these onto a ball joint 620, they should be fine.  

Thank you, I’ve got all new ball joints and look to be the same as what in on the truck spindles now. Just want to be able to get new rotors, seals, and calipers or kits

image.jpg

All the hubs...620, 720, and HB will all interchange. The only real difference is the diameter of the nose and which rims they'll fit in.  Did you look at the pics of the rotors on the page I linked?  If you think those parts are frontier, they're most likely early frontier, which would make them the same as the HB........from what I can tell.  You seem to know that they're frontier parts.....so do you know what year?  The rotor is probably the only part that may be different......take it to a local parts store and compare it to a new one before you buy it.  The ball joint tapers are all the same.