Missing electrical component

Gofer

Hi there, I just got a 1984 720 from my uncle for my daughters first vehicle and I need a little help.  It was in a shed for the last couple years and some thieves came in stole the battery, cut a cable (3 wires - white black and green) and took the component it was attached to.  The wire is a 3 strand cable that was cut close to the battery and runs to the rubber grommet under the passenger seat and then up under the dash.  There is a connector on the inner fender with a plastic cover where at least one component was but I have no idea if that is the only thing missing.

Does anyone have wiring diagrams I could look at / advise to give?  I went to a local junk yard that had a 1987 truck and grabbed the component from the same part of the truck (it had the same plastic shroud and 3 wires (all green with different markings) but I have no idea if it is compatible or not.

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Bruce

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bruce, can you post a picture of the damages area? I'm guessing that they cut out the fusible links attached to the positive battery post? The links on the '84 are Green, Black and another Green but the plug to the truck has a White a White/Black stripe and a Red wire. Sound right?

The fusible links do not go under the truck to the passenger seat so I don't know about that.

• Like 1
On 7/29/2021 at 8:34 AM, Gofer said:

Does anyone have wiring diagrams I could look at

I have diagrams that I pulled off the web (full service manual for 1986 - 57Mb data, all PDF) that I could share, unfortunately the chapter on electrical alone is over 4Mb which is too big to share through Ratsun. 00 Cover.bmp

Since you are local, if you have a thumbdrive I could copy the whole thing for you.

BTW, you should be able to upload pics directly, but if not Postimage works great for pic uploading.

• Like 1