Suspension/ wheel setups, with pics?

Oilspot

6 hours ago, Oilspot said:

Well, just posted a wanted ad for 620 or 720 rear leafs. The more I look at pictures, the more I'm thinking I'll need to go down at least 4" to get the look I'm after. So much for "growing up"🤣

Why do you want 620 or 720 rear leaf springs?

• Like 1
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/4/2021 at 1:23 PM, KELMO said:

Charlie, looks like you've just stacked some shit on there. Luv you bro, no homo.

Mainer, Tanker...Damn.

Now I want a truck. Somebody is gonna need to get their shite outta my shop.

This is what happens when you are to sick to work on your truck and also put your shit away.  Soon I hope to get back on it.  I want to drive my 520 before I die.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Oilspot said:

Well, just posted a wanted ad for 620 or 720 rear leafs. The more I look at pictures, the more I'm thinking I'll need to go down at least 4" to get the look I'm after. So much for "growing up"🤣

The 620 rear leaf springs are no improvement for a 521. The 720 4x4 rear leaves are both stiffer and flatter (less arch) so will lower the ride height some.

720 4x4 springs as Charlie said lower 1.5" to 2" then just add lowering blocks to drop to the desired height. On the 720 springs you can probably take out the overload spring and it will still be pretty stiff. Stiff is better than ripping exhaust off or embarrassing scraping sounds.

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

The 620 rear leaf springs are no improvement for a 521. The 720 4x4 rear leaves are both stiffer and flatter (less arch) so will lower the ride height some.

720 4x4 springs as Charlie said lower 1.5" to 2" then just add lowering blocks to drop to the desired height. On the 720 springs you can probably take out the overload spring and it will still be pretty stiff. Stiff is better than ripping exhaust off or embarrassing scraping sounds.

I got it stuck in my head, somehow???, That the 620 springs were a higher spring rate than the 521s. Thank you for setting me straight. 

• Like 1