510 Wagon spare tire size

I need to get ready for the road trip to Powerland - I thought I better check out the spare.

I lowered it down and it is a 155R12. I said what the? Is this the correct size for a 510 wagon spare?

I thought all 510 were 13" - but I never had a wagon before. It is about the right diameter compared to the 195/60-14 I have on the car.

It is a rather old tire, so I am going to buy one tire no matter what - the question is do I go with the 155R12 or is it better to have a 165R13. And will that fit up in the spare wheel space under the rear of the car? If I go with 13" I will need to buy a steel wheel also.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5.60 X13 is stock

Diameter is key. As long as the 12" and tire is the same as the 195/60R14 you are running.

The 195/60R14 is 23.21" tall measure the spare but I doubt it is close.

A 195/70R12 tire is an exact match (height and width) to the 195/60R14s you have..

Thanks Mike, I was trying to confirm that the 12" was something a previous owner put on - not stock for the wagon. Given how much I have spent on the car, and it being a spare tire, I was thinking of saving the $50 cost of buying another steel wheel. Maybe the 165/13 will be cheaper than the 155/12 to offset the new wheel a bit.

You going to Powerland? I missed meeting you at the last Canby.

Cheers,

M

Definitely. Even the 13" stock steel will not clear the ZX brakes in the front. So if I ever have a front flat I will need to put the spare on the back, then move the back to the front flat.

Not ideal, but I can live with that since no larger tire or wheel will fit under the car easily.

• Like 1