My 1940 Ford Jalopy rebuild

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I knew this car was #14 from the get go...(one of the reasons I bought it...that was my old racing number)...I used to get angry when someone would do a quick paint over something to hide the old sins...this is the second one that I got to peel off and show the real beauty... 

20210912_120912.jpg

20210912_165538 (1).jpg

20210915_170438 (1).jpg

• Like 2

So I was getting to t point in the build where I was trying to source a old Ford V8 motor and transmission and I was hitting up some of the sources that I had and then one night I get this unknown number comes up on my phone..."Hey Mike this is Dick....I heard you re looking for some old parts?"...

I was so stoked....I was gonna get the missing parts to get this thing to the point of driving it again...he shows up one night buys the car from me...

I was upside down with the project and I was getting to the point where no matter I did I was never going to get my money back...so we made a deal...

I am missing it terrible but like I said I was upside down in it already and he promised to let me know if he went to sell it I would get first dibs...

I did just picked up my next project...a 1959 Morris Minor...waiting on the shippers to pick it up in Columbus Ohio as we speak...

20210925_160909.jpg

20210925_161021.jpg

20210925_164703.jpg

Craigslist ad for 1940 Ford stock car May 2019.PNG

• Like 1

Too bad about the Ford, but I get it.  I've owned a couple of Morris Vans. 

I ended up selling both as unfinished projects, unfortunately.  One day, I would like to acquire another van and finish one.  I've always liked that the vans and pickups had a full frame under them..