521 lower fulcrum pin

I'm just curious, is there an alternate "fix" for the lower fulcrum pin on the 521 pickup.  I had to cut mine to remove the upright so i could install kingpins.  I am now having problems locating a replacement pin.  the design seems simple so I'm thinking there must be an alternate or suitable substitute.   if anyone has information on where to buy a new or used pin (i checked ebay and i dont want to buy one outside the US)  or know of a safe acceptable alternate fix please let me know

D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do some searching of threads around here.  I am fairly sure that mike klotz (sp?) has a fix or makes one or has a video on how to mod another to work.

On 12/13/2020 at 9:39 PM, debbheff@gmail.com said:

I'm just curious, is there an alternate "fix" for the lower fulcrum pin on the 521 pickup.  I had to cut mine to remove the upright so i could install kingpins.  I am now having problems locating a replacement pin.  the design seems simple so I'm thinking there must be an alternate or suitable substitute.   if anyone has information on where to buy a new or used pin (i checked ebay and i dont want to buy one outside the US)  or know of a safe acceptable alternate fix please let me know

D

8 minutes ago, bilzbobaggins said:

Do some searching of threads around here.  I am fairly sure that mike klotz (sp?) has a fix or makes one or has a video on how to mod another to work.

Mike makes the upper bushing which is a worth while upgrade....

I dont remember him having a replacement fulcrum pin setup..

He might make a seal or something to go with it....

10 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

Mike makes the upper bushing which is a worth while upgrade....

I dont remember him having a replacement fulcrum pin setup..

He might make a seal or something to go with it....

oops....was going off memory...I thought he had a mod for a 620 pin....memory aint the best

11 minutes ago, bilzbobaggins said:

oops....was going off memory...I thought he had a mod for a 620 pin....memory aint the best

It's still possible....

Even now I just looked and damn if I cant find a fulcrum pin set for sale....

I had one in my hands about a month ago, I kind of regret not grabbing it but I don't need it and the guy sold it days later to someone that did need it.... I was just going to hoard it..   

4 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

It's still possible....

Even now I just looked and damn if I cant find a fulcrum pin set for sale....

I had one in my hands about a month ago, I kind of regret not grabbing it but I don't need it and the guy sold it days later to someone that did need it.... I was just going to hoard it..   

Know what ya mean.  Of all my drunken multiple datsun purchases ( like 7 speedometer cables), I could have got several set of kingpin kits for next to nothing.

found a set of kingpins for a killer price, just had them installed.  My son who is a really good harley medchanic said he has a friend, another harley builder he thinks can turn a fulcrum pin at his machine shop.  i cannot find any info on the characteristics of the steel these pins are made of but  as easliy as the one cut with cutoff wheel on a cheap grinder I believe it must be a fairly hard maybe surface hardened and tough enough to withstand constant beating of the suspension action.  'll still be on the hunt for a stock replacement if anyone finds a piece in the bottom of their tool box or whereever but will still be on the hunt for a stock replacement item

• Like 1