ECU Question

Bugeye

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard that the standard has a rev limiter. (possibly for those who are hand/eye coordination challenged and miss power shifts) Supposedly the auto ECU does not have it. When collecting parts I got one from an auto for my project. It's possible that the rev limiter can be bypassed or adjusted by changing a chip or re programing it???

Edited by datzenmike

damn, i got a #15. Bear with me on this as I am not used to screwing around with the ecu's, but what if i were to change the eprom? I did that with my talon and it worked fine, but nissian ecu's are a new story to me

Edited by Bugeye
Yeah I believe its the number 11 ECU you want, isn't that what I PM'd you Mike? The others will cut out anywhere from 4k-redline randomly.

Yup, 11s what you said. I got one from BEEBANI who said it was the right one also... has 14 on it in BIG numbers and A11 under it. Sound right?

How do you change the eprom?

Yup' date=' 11s what you said. I got one from BEEBANI who said it was the right one also... has 14 on it in BIG numbers and A11 under it. Sound right?

How do you change the eprom?[/quote']

ok mine has 15 in BIG numbers and right under it is A11

You have to un solder the old one and solder the new one in
Edited by Bugeye
Guest DatsuNoob

I've been curious of the A/T ECU's also. I have 2. 1 OBD1, and 1 OBD2, both from automatics. I've also got both wiring harnesses as well. I've heard from a few people, that it wont work on a vehicle set up for a 5 spd. I dont see why not, but something about missing tranny codes me thinks? Not sure, I'd really like to know.

Yup, 11s what you said. I got one from BEEBANI who said it was the right one also... has 14 on it in BIG numbers and A11 under it. Sound right?

The 14 will cut out to, I've tried every number and the all do besides the 11. I looked and looked and couldn't see anything different in the wiring, but there has to be, what tells the ECU to cut out? It must be missing an "in gear" signal..... I didn't spend that much time trying to research it since it's not to hard to find an 11 and even if I did have one that cut out I rarely hit the rang where it sometimes cuts out.

Maybe you can find some better diagrams that may explain it... Hey Mike I do have a stanza van ECU, its for a KA front wheel drive, it would take some doing but from what I read it has built in fan switchs :D :D Give me your address I will send it to you.

It's not an 11 Mike, but it is from an auto. Jeff, the #10 is the only one I've seen with problems. Have you had issues with others?

Yeah, well at the time me, curley and Frank all had single cams, I already had the 11 but they both had the others. I think we tried 3 besides the 11 I forget the numbers but I do remember the 14 in there. I'm sure it could be fixed if someone could find me and accurate diagram.

I've been curious of the A/T ECU's also. I have 2. 1 OBD1, and 1 OBD2, both from automatics. I've also got both wiring harnesses as well. I've heard from a few people, that it wont work on a vehicle set up for a 5 spd. I dont see why not, but something about missing tranny codes me thinks? Not sure, I'd really like to know.

You don't have to worry, at least I have never had a cut out related problem on any dual cam engine. The problem you have is there are 3 different harness's and ECU's for the dual cam's.. Well if your going with the car (S chassis) stuff. I've never tried to wire the truck ECU in, seemed like to much work and I don't like the intake mani.

O and reprograming the ECU is kinda tricky, you guys would have to talk to tiltnose about that one, he's the "FAST" pro. (I think thats what the program for reprograming the ECU's is called)

Thanks for the very nice offer Jeff but it's a way off yet and I don't want it to just sit and maybe not get used. Unless you are sure that it does not have the rev limiter. Don't the 240sx ones have the fan turn on?

No the S chassis ka's don't have a fan switch :(

Well I pulled the ECU because I thought it would be cool to have a fan switch built in... I don't know if I'm going to go that far though. Its a lot of rewiring..