Found some cool stuff while routing through the place

edekalil

I may have posted some of this way back but. How about these , I got to get out the ho scale track out and set it up and get ready for track day.

IMG-20201024-135844.jpg

I cannot figure where I got this article but I figure someone gave it to me.

IMG-20201024-140043-2.jpg

And before I got the Goon when I was looking for a 510 in the classified adds 32 years ago.

IMG-20201024-140447-2.jpg

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 1
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, KELMO said:

I have the # 35 car sitting on my bookshelf 3 feet to my left. AFX slot cars, man did I burn some hours way back when playing with those.

Yea I never got to run these they sat in a draw since I got them some time way back but I was surprised that my mom never tossed my original track and cars I had when I was a kid back in the late 60's. I have the track plus the cars in a box in another room. At the time I got the track the real 510 car was just made so I have cars like a camaro, Willis, and a variety of others. I used to set the track up like a drag strip and we would race down it I put a towel at the end to catch them. They had a lot of 14 mile drag strips around back then.

Edited by edekalil

My buddy's dad let us build a set up in the garage. Can't remember how big it was but you had to crawl under the "table" and there was a cut out in the middle where we had the controls. We built somewhat of a small town. The only cars I remember having for sure was a early 70's Camaro and a '55 Bel Air.

• Like 1

I still have the Sugar Daddy 510 AFX order form, that I got with a Sugar Daddy bar when I was a kid!  Don't know why I didn't order it OR why I kept the form!  This was the only way to get the Sugar Daddy car!  You guys seen what a new in box mint Sugar Daddy 510 sells for?  Last I saw $1200!! 😂

• Like 1