air shocks for rear of 720

olskool720

Hi Fellow 720ers,

Anyone have an idea of a current model of air shocks that'll fit on the rear of our 720s?  I've got some 25+ year old Maxx Airs.  One is finally slowly losing air after being filled pretty much making it worthless.  The Monroe MA-802 was another model that fit our truck, but no longer produced or in stock anywhere.  A stock shock replacement is E1 or EB1 for upper and S1 for lower. I just can't seem to find air shocks that list those "mount codes". Any help is appreciated, thanks. Drop me message or an email, thanks.

Lance in California

• Like 1
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/29/2020 at 5:42 PM, bottomwatcher said:

Why the air shocks? Is this a 2wd? They air shocks can help level but if you are planning heavy loads this is not the way to go. Shock mounts are for shock loads not to add a crap load of capacity. Add springs for that.

I’ve got a 4” block dropped rwd. I use the airshocks strictly for creating clearance between axle and frame so that there are no slams of metal. The only way my wife will ride shotgun. No hard metal to metal slams. I appreciate the input. 

• Like 1
On 9/29/2020 at 5:54 PM, wayno said:

I would agree with the last post, I added two leafs to my 521 leaf pack(stock it has 5 leafs) because I use my 521 as a work truck, when I really used to haul heavy loads long distance I also installed overload air bags, this is one of my recent loads, it has a 720 dually axle under it.

001.JPG.916eaab4d3a57aa8193fcc1f4d9bf88c.JPG

Not needing air shocks for supporting loads. Needing air shocks for the wife to ride shot gun in my 4” block dropped daily driver. Thanks for the input. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 7twentyguy said:

Hey Lance,

I picked up some adapters at 4wheel parts, it will give you a few more options for air shocks.

add an onboard air compressor ($200 @ Amazon) makes life easy!

A8C1EF0A-44D8-4AC5-99DE-A8E2C761A41E.jpeg

Hey Jeff. Tell me more about the model of shocks that you have. The model # should be on the shock. Fingers crossed that it’s still available. And tell me more about that part. I already have a little on board compressor. It’s 25+ years old and still chugging along nicely. Thanks for input. Send me a text. I think that you have my number. 

• Like 1