Front Windscreen and Rear Window Trim

Payco

I had a chrome beaded windscreen and rear window trim lined up to be shipped from South Africa for my SSS Coupe but it looks like the deal has fallen through. I want to replace my current all rubber trim with the chrome beaded trim. Does anyone on here have a source of where I can purchase a set ? or know of anyone who has front and back set to perhaps sell ? Happy to exchange if that's an option too.

Thanks

Martin

Edited by Payco
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The front stainless (not chrome) trim might be same as USA spec, which I would have, but the rear will be JDM Coupe only.  That said, you should buy from one source, as packaging will be tricky & expensive........no weight, but a big flat box!  Craig Ford is likely your guy!

• Like 1

Both front and rear glass is Coupe specific, along with the trim and the gasket.

Do not make the mistake of buying 510/bluebird/1600 sedan/wagon front window seals or trim or the glass itself and expect it to fit the coupe.  The entire roof line is slightly different and the coupe windshield is shorter than the sedan/wagon.  The window frames in the front doors are also unique to the coupe.  They are different than the 2dr.   The door and skin are the same but the window frames are different.  I do not know for sure if the door glass is different.

--carter

Edited by carterb
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, carterb said:

Both front and rear glass is Coupe specific, along with the trim and the gasket.

Do not make the mistake of buying 510/bluebird/1600 sedan/wagon front window seals or trim or the glass itself and expect it to fit the coupe.  The entire roof line is slightly different and the coupe windshield is shorter than the sedan/wagon.  The window frames in the front doors are also unique to the coupe.  They are different than the 2dr.   The door and skin are the same but the window frames are different.  I do not know for sure if the door glass is different.

--carter

So FRONT windshield is also Coupe only?  Good to know.........although I have never seen a Coupe here in Colorado, only the silver & orange (ex Froula) Coupe at the vintage races!

one more thing - just in case you don't know (many people don't)

Bluebird (Japan) stainless trim sits on TOP of the rubber whereas 510 (US) stainless trim sits in a groove in the rubber.

I'm not sure what trim the 1600 (UK) cars or the Bluebird (South Africa) cars use.

Here is the Bluebird trim (same style on coupes and sedans)

large.bluebird_trim.JPG.06c137b643044601

Vs the US 510 style

large.510_trim.JPG.8abdca52800b61b783425