Reinstall drive shaft with no marks on diff flange

matrophy

I marked my driveshaft before removing it but one mark must have rubbed off of the diff flange while I was Dremeling off one of the D-bolts that was rounded off.

I'm planning on trying it installed in the 4 different positions and test driving at a range of speeds unless there is some other way of knowing that it is installed back the way it was without doing all of that work. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, matrophy said:

I marked my driveshaft before removing it but one mark must have rubbed off of the diff flange while I was Dremeling off one of the D-bolts that was rounded off.

I'm planning on trying it installed in the 4 different positions and test driving at a range of speeds unless there is some other way of knowing that it is installed back the way it was without doing all of that work. 

I think the bolt pattern on the differential flange is in a rectangle, so you only have 2 choices. Unless you have a 4x4 with a slip yoke like above it really won't matter.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

The position on the diff flange does not matter, as long as it bolts up. If it is a two piece shaft with a pillow block, the phasing in the middle of the shaft matters.

Phasing - Drivelines NW

Well that's good to hear. 

• Like 2