620 tailgate hinge

Ianbw86

Hey guys, been searching around for days now and can't seem to find much. I recently got a 79 KC and I have my tailgate, but one of the pins and hinges is missing. Can anyone give me a lead besides the 40 dollar eBay ones? Would a door hinge work just as well? Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Take your good one and spend the money at Home Depot. Door hinges are nothing the same.

Thanks for the tip, that was definitely where my head was going with it. I've read the stories about Bill's Datsun but decided just to see if maybe he had one lying around. He didn't know the difference between a 720 hinge and a 620. It also took 3 call backs for him to tell me that. Now I know.

12 hours ago, Ianbw86 said:

Hey guys, been searching around for days now and can't seem to find much. I recently got a 79 KC and I have my tailgate, but one of the pins and hinges is missing. Can anyone give me a lead besides the 40 dollar eBay ones? Would a door hinge work just as well? Any help is greatly appreciated!

let me look thru my plethora of 620 parts i might have 1 if color does not matter

Edited by gene knight
1 minute ago, gene knight said:

let me look thru my plethora of 620 parts i might have 1 if color does not matter

That would be awesome! If you find any turn signal/side marker lenses in that plethora of parts I'd love to take those off your hands as well 😉

Thanks everyone for the help!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Ianbw86 said:

That would be awesome! If you find any turn signal/side marker lenses in that plethora of parts I'd love to take those off your hands as well 😉

Thanks everyone for the help!

i will look