New headlights wireing

oukippy

Hello,

I bought Led headlights from China. I'm waiting for them and I was wondering where to connect them.

First the product :

White-DRL-High-Low-Beam-Projector-Led-HeWhite-DRL-High-Low-Beam-Projector-Led-He

I'm not really interested in the turn signal capability at the moment (I'll try it but I'm not sure it's very relevant).

I want the angle eyes to be enlightened when I start the engine and switch off when I stop it (I don't want to use the light switch). I'm thinking about having something like : white - orange - orange - white. Where should I plug the angel eyes to have it working like I said (the closer to the front, the better but I can add wires if needed) ?

Thank you !

oukippy

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You will not find a circuit on these trucks that is only powered when the truck is running... at least not that I can think of. You are stuck with basically "key on" or "key off". There are only a couple of "key on" power sources in the engine bay, none of which would be ideal options for running headlights. If you are ONLY running the halos, then you could either use the key on power to your electronic choke (if you have it), or the key on power to your ignition coil. Off the top of my head I cannot think of any other key on sources in your engine bay. The better choice would be to run it back in to your fuse panel and find a key on source there.

does your fuse box have a aircond option?

I know on Later Datsun 510 there was a switchable 12volt power form the fuse box thqt was not used and was under the fuse box and one could use that wire for something.

You live in Franc just buy some Cibie H4 lamps with the H4 wire harness

corona virus???? never BUY ANYTHING FROM cHINA EVER AGAIN IF YOU DONT HAVE TOO

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
39 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

does your fuse box have a aircond option?

I know on Later Datsun 510 there was a switchable 12volt power form the fuse box thqt was not used and was under the fuse box and one could use that wire for something.

You live in Franc just buy some Cibie H4 lamps with the H4 wire harness

corona virus???? never BUY ANYTHING FROM cHINA EVER AGAIN IF YOU DONT HAVE TOO

No AC in mine. Radio and cigarette lighter could be interesting or not ?

From what I know, There's no risk with chinese products as it takes one month to arrive in France. Unless the postman was sick of course. 

Power the 'angel eyes' from the ignition signal to the coil before the ballast.  On each side run this through a relay connected when in the off position and power the relay with the turn signal. When you turn the ignition on the angel eyes light up. If you signal a turn they will turn off when the turn signal lights and back on when the signal light flashes off or opposite the turn signal.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Power the 'angel eyes' from the ignition signal to the coil before the ballast.  On each side run this through a relay connected when in the off position and power the relay with the turn signal. When you turn the ignition on the angel eyes light up. If you signal a turn they will turn off when the turn signal lights and back on when the signal light flashes off or opposite the turn signal.

I understand how it works. Which relay should I use ?