720 factory wiring diagram?

EDM620

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What year the '80 was totally different from the later. Every year had different emissions and added options.

If I were you I'd try e-bay or Amazon for a proper year factory service manual (FSM) If you have a 720 it's the bible. Haynes covers all years very poorly. Their info is simply copied from the FSM. Pays for itself the first time you use it to fix something. Leave in the bathroom and read

• Like 2
22 hours ago, datzenmike said:

What year the '80 was totally different from the later. Every year had different emissions and added options.

If I were you I'd try e-bay or Amazon for a proper year factory service manual (FSM) If you have a 720 it's the bible. Haynes covers all years very poorly. Their info is simply copied from the FSM. Pays for itself the first time you use it to fix something. Leave in the bathroom and read

The build date was 7/85 so technically it would have been an '86?

I'm going through the wiring harness now testing each circuit for continuity before I put it back into the build. There were many unused connections in the harness (4x4 features, diesel, etc. that I intend to strip out, plus so many that I haven't even identified yet that just went nowhere. I'll probably keep the wiring circuits for AC just in case...

• Like 1

'85 model years ran through June '85 but there were '86 model year trucks as early as May '85 a 2 month overlap. If your chassis number was above 100,000 it's an '86. The '85 ended just above 50,000. All 720 production ceased October '85 at or around chassis number 126,305.

The first '86 model year D21 was November '85 chassis number 000,102 ending June 47,267. The '87 D21 model year began Jan '86 chassis number 000,101 producing about 3,700 till June when the '86 model year ended and production ramped up to several thousand a month.

This was the Kyushu plant so both years made side by side???

• Like 1