ka24de-t question

NorCalDime

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make a custom bottom mount. Turbo next to brake master =bad. Turbo way from brake master = good :D Just my opinion, I had an S13 even with a bottom mount the brake fade got bad if the turbo heated the brake lines. With a nice header a bottom mount can look cool :D

Pfffffft... remote mount.

/Thread

:)

Good lord you did not just say that. The stupid trend of remote mounted turbo's is insane. Can you say turbo lag?

I agree with Ice. A good bottom mount away from the steering box and brake master cylinder is the way to go in terms of drivability. But if you really want it to look cool then you can go with a top mount, just make sure you keep the heat away from the master cylinder with a good heat shield.

Good lord you did not just say that. The stupid trend of remote mounted turbo's is insane. Can you say turbo lag?

I agree with Ice. A good bottom mount away from the steering box and brake master cylinder is the way to go in terms of drivability. But if you really want it to look cool then you can go with a top mount, just make sure you keep the heat away from the master cylinder with a good heat shield.

Well i was gonna plan on putting a heat shield between the two to keep temps down. Also i was hoping one or the other would fit without fabrication. I only have access to a mig welder, but i guess i could make an ugly log manifold.

I was hoping to fit one of these in.

au-ka24det-top-1.jpg

au-mf-ka24det-1.jpg

• 5 years later...

I'm putting together a KA-T and I ran into the turbo/brake cylinder issue. I currently have the manifold in the first picture. I don't want to get rid of my brake booster. I would like to find a shorter single reservoir master cylinder if possible to make clearance for the turbo. or try the turbo in the second picture. Its supposed to be a bottom mount manifold but you can flip it and it'll push the turbo significantly more forward. I only see the issue being hood clearance. and if the waste gate is in the way I can add a 90 degree relocator. It looks similar to the SR manifold and I haven't heard of to many people having issues with those to it makes sense it'd work ok... but My question is, if anyone knows of a build that is using the second manifold or of a build using the first manifold but with a shorter brake cylinder and what they used. Thanks for any and all help. I added the link to my build as well if you want to check it out

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/50545-72-datsun-wagon-upgrade-to-ka-t/

_122_zps9ff7ce82.jpg

_12_zpsf4a891be.jpg