Rear Bumper Brackets

I was looking at the back of the 510 wagon and noticed I only had two bolts on the main brackets (one on each bracket) and nothing on the side brackets.

I have this parts diagram but no legend for parts numbers - does anyone have the listing that goes with this diagram?

48128125437_7da4b32d06_o.jpg

I need all the parts for the side brackets: 11, 13, 14, 16, and 37, 38. And also two more bolts, nuts, washers,etc for the main brackets.(12, 13, 14, 15).

Thanks in advance for any information.

• Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try here.

https://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/bluebird-1968-1973/body-(wagon)/tail-gate-bumper

(scroll down the page for p/n's) 

I'm not sure what all those parts are for.  I put my rear bumper on with 4 m10 or m12 bolts with lock washers on each bolt.  I can't remember what the exact size is, but I'm sure it's one of those two sizes.  I can pull one tomorrow and find out exactly if you really need me to.

Most guys don't use the bumper ends-to-body bolts because if you get a small hit from the back, the bumper could really damage the rear quarters.

Edited by Duncan
  • Like 2

Duncan, you are right on with the link, I logged on to post that I had found that also when I read your reply so problem solved. ☺️

I will pull a bolt off the back of mine (so you don't have to, thanks) and just get a couple new ones from Fastenal here in Port Angeles.

Thanks also about suggesting leaving the side bolts off and not possibly damaging the body work. I'll get the main bolts secured and then see how it feels.

I've got a long way to go on the project before the empty brackets on the sides of the bumper and the holes in the body panels get to bothering me...

Edited by rosso
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, rosso said:

Thanks also about suggesting leaving the side bolts off and not possibly damaging the body work. I'll get the main bolts secured and then see how it feels.

I've got a long way to go on the project before the empty brackets on the sides of the bumper and the holes in the body panels get to bothering me...

Most folks leave the front ones off, too. Same reason.  I have the four rear bolts holding mine in, and it's very secure.

That link to the cars and parts manual site has been a big help for me.  It's a great reference.

• Like 1

The 620 also has an arraignment similar on the front fenders. The problem is if the bumper is 'bumped' it transmits force to the body and wrinkles it too where if it isn't connected it may not have any effect.

• Like 1