Need pic of 620 OE bench seat w/o cutout for upholsterer

Need today for tomorrow (Saturday) appointment.

I want to get the layout and ribbing correct.

Thanks

Tom

EDIT:  After almost 2 hours found a 1980 620 that was sold or 115,000 Baht  https://www.one2car.com/en/for-sale/datsun-620-single-bangkok-metropolitan-pinklao-borommaratchachonnani-road/2169393

This looks like the late model rib and wire layout but w/o the cutaway.  The parts manual actually shows ribs and wire configuration - the early had almost a bucket seat rib layout:  2 pair of rib groups and 4 wires (2 per "bucket") including on the seat cushion.  I really want to find a pic of that layout.  (But it's probably not a good idea to put a wire in the seat cushion from a durability perspective.  The Thai version in tweed w/vinyl ends I suppose.  

1980 Datsun 620 Single PickupSeat (Manual) (To Sep.-'73)

Edited by Cardinal Grammeter
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Frank!

I suspect the bottom has been replaced:

*) The back has 3 groups of ribs which do not line up with the 2 groups on the bottom

*) The bottom is usually more worn than the back.  But even if the back suffering from sun damage, it's hard to imagine the bottom not having any rips.  Given the awful condition of the back, I suspect the bottom was so much worse it had to be redone.

*) There is a color difference.

But the back coincides with the nice Indo black pic I came up with and NOT the pattern in the parts manual.

I'm getting pumped at the thought of a "new" seat!

Tom

Edited by Cardinal Grammeter
  • Like 1

I have a 1973 620 that was my dad's, which he bought brand new. I know the full history on it, and the straight front seat is the original in it. If I can figure out how to post it I have a pic of the drivers side of the seat. I am surprised in how good of condition it is considering the age. Dad put some foam rubber and an aftermarket seat cover on it. Although I only pulled the foam and seat cover off the drivers side to get pics and to look at it, the drivers side usually gets most of the wear. There is one rip in it, in the sewn section, the full length of the rib, and the foam under the original seat cover is in good shape. I will try now to see if I can post a pic.

Don

ps-the seat shown in the first post could be the same as the one I have.

Edited by 620slodat
  • Like 1

I definitely am technically challenged. My daughter was able to get the pic here, but I don't understand how she got it here. Anyway, here is the drivers side of the seat. The pickup is under construction so the other side of the seat (and elsewhere) is covered with parts. It appears to be the same configuration as in the first post. I hope this picture helps you.

Don

• Like 1

I'm a bit irritated by another shop I went to.  On the phone, I say use whatever black material you have on hand, etc. to keep costs down since work truck - quotes roughly $200-220, maybe $250 if it needs spring work.  Then I get there and it's $350, can get any material I want, frame and springs will be painted, etc. and "I have to do a fine job because of my reputation."  Although this guy will probably do the best job, I really don't want to do business with him - if he would have said $350, I'd have never drove the truck to him to look at and stuck with the 1st outfit that quoted $375 looking at the truck.

So now I'm thinking this Trex duct tape has better adhesive than Gorilla Tape....

@#(*&*#($

• Like 1