rear diif for 510

just when you think every things going good BAM goes the rear diff so iam in the need of a new one please let me know what you got and how much.also i have a L20 that i will be puting in this week would it be wise of me to put a r200 in i will eventually be going to a Ka 24 Thanks all Freaky

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The R180 can take over 200hp. I don't know how you broke it if all you have is an L16... do you do one-tire burnouts?

My suggestions is to just stick with an R180 if you only are going L-series power. Even an L20b turbo shouldn't be able to break it.

I have a stock diff you can have if you want to come get it. I'm going with a R180 with the persion gear clutch LSD it should hold up to anything. There is a point where the power will no longer reach the ground with 510 suspension. I think a r180 should be fine. I also have a r180 I will sell you for 40 bucks.

right now i am running a L18 with a 280zx trans i don't know why it broke but it did i would be interested in the 180 its a direct swap right don't have to change much pm me with a # and i will call you to see about meeting with you to get that rearend Thanks all freaky

Paul I hope that isnt my diff your going to sell?

But then again if it keeps a car on the road

A R200 needs a spcial mod withe the mustache bar ck out MadDat in Austrailia for that mod.

Only the spider gears really go out on a R160. or just ALL the oil drained out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Save that old R160 cause if converting to a R180 snap in type you need the threaded plate at the end of the spider gears.

so i got bored yesterday and put the r 200 in the 510 that was easy the previous owner must have thought about this swap or tried and gave up i had to grind about 1/4" out of the crossmember and put a little muscle behind the mustache bar i wish i would have put the new bushings on first but had to test fit first damn the luck iam still interested in the 180 rear diff and yes i have old school dial up so leave your number and i can call you on the Datsun line (The wifes cell phone she only lets me use for calling on Datsun parts).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.