GIANT radiator swap!!

rusty510

could you show me please, cause i looked and didnt see any on jegs that were that much close. that said i didnt look at the "be cool" ones since they are more than double the price...
Sorry, I must have been thinking of summit. Either way, if you ordered it online you could have found a better fit - it would be more understandable if you needed it the same day just to get on the road. This looks like a better option:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM-380645&N=700+4294924500+4294839040+115&autoview=sku

That was after a quick look, they have tons of options between universal fits and OEM sizes to choose from.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes this is Ratsun, and yes there are a lot of naysayers who try to act like they know what they are talking about.

I got a SH!TLOAD of naysayers when I tried to put a Yamaha R6 motor in my 510.

I think your radiator looks good

My only suggestion is, "I think you should wear some gloves when using power tools"

Practical reality is now naysaying... I guess it's a personal flaw, but it's really hard for me to see ghetto fab without commenting on it, especially when the person can't admit that they did a poor job themselves. There are many ways to skin a cat - some are elegant, some are not, some get the job done, some fail miserably, and some are somewhere in between. Believe it or not, I don't make comments because I want anyone to fail, but some people can be too hyped up on themselves that they can't see their own poor choices. Also, I can't read minds so excuse me for making a comment after the fact when it's already too late, but that's usually when people start posting stuff up. Forbid you ever go to a forum that does any hard core fabrication where they send ghetto fabbers whimpering away with their tail between their legs. I've done some cutting and welding I'm not proud of or happy with and seen how others have done it better - so I've learned from it and next time I will do it better. Hopefully next time you'll think about your choice before making irreversible modifications.

Just to totally throw a wrench in this whole debate.......

The Pontiac Fiero V6 factory aluminum radiator fits in the 510 with zero mods to the car, aside from making brackets for mounting. Also costs about $28 at the local pick-and-pull. I've had mine cooling the VG30 for 6 years now, works perfectly even in 110 degree heat.

The Pontiac Fiero V6 factory aluminum radiator fits in the 510 with zero mods to the car, aside from making brackets for mounting. Also costs about $28 at the local pick-and-pull. I've had mine cooling the VG30 for 6 years now, works perfectly even in 110 degree heat.

My point exactly!

Looks like you can buy a new one for around $140 as well.

you gotta be carefull of the replacement Fiero rad's though, many are brass. The original factory ones are alimunum with plastic tanks. The aluminum ones work better than their brass replacements. So if anyone does go to buy one, ask if it's aluminum. The one in my 510 is and it's awesome.

They shouldn't have the same part number, the V6 rads are much thicker than the 4 cyl ones. Or at least the factory units are. The V6 ones are a good inch thick, and the 4cyl ones are about 3/4 inch thick. Maybe the aftermarket ones are all built the same, and work for both, I dunno.