[SOLVED] D21 Z24I to KA24e conversion, and other rambling

lovot

Bolt pattern is asymetric, so i don't think it can be clocked.

However, ford mustangs share oil filter thread pitch with Nissan.  Any oil filter relocation kit for a mustang will work on your kae.

I've used a remote trans adapt filter kit.  I've also used a ford 460 oil filter/oil cooler adapter on my z22.  Info for that is in my half pint 510 thread.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The threads for oil filters are all the same back then. May be today as well or all changed to metric? There were only one or two base circles with different rubber ring seals but I've put Ford 4.9 inline six, chevy 305 and Dodge 318 filters on my L20B. All I wanted was the largest filter and the lowest price. I just took an old filter with me to the store and compared the ends, checked the size and price..

• 3 weeks later...

This looks like it might work, already have a filter head laying around that I could put somewhere else. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Oil-Filter-Relocation-Male-Sandwich-Fitting-Adapter-Kit-3-4X16-20X1-5-Black/142211181752?hash=item211c726cb8:g:QpsAAOSwUMxZ7VoD

Oh, and the Weber is preforming flawlessly, probably should have gone for the 38/38 but from what I understand the mounting is the same for both, so it shouldn't be a problem to switch later. Did have to build an adapter manifold, but it's a much nicer one than the first one I made.