Bypass Fuel Pump Relay?

weldingrod

13 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

I have what you have posted. '84 FSM in the section with the electric fuel pump.

Oh, ok. That table suggests there is NO fuel pump when there is NO oil pressure. That would be as expected I think. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very bottom line on, running, alternator charging, oil pressure failure.... pump on.

The whole exercise it to shut the engine off in the event of an accident by sensing the engine has stopped. No alternator charging. I think it should include no oil pressure as well but?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Very bottom line on, running, alternator charging, oil pressure failure.... pump on.

The whole exercise it to shut the engine off in the event of an accident by sensing the engine has stopped. No alternator charging. I think it should include no oil pressure as well but?

Ah, there is a distinction between oil pressure = NO pressure, and oil pressure = FAILURE.

They probably account for the "failure" of the oil pressure sensor (open circuit) and keep the engine running; in the last line.  They probably suggest that the engine will stop running in the event of an accident (3rd line).  

Who knows.  I've questioned much of Nissan's logic in the past. 🙂

Edited by spddm0n
  • Like 1