Goin to willow

datrod

Going to streets of willow this Friday, Should be a blast, A couple of guys from AZ are comming. One from ratsun, I think there will be like 5-6 Z cars running. And yes I'll take pic's.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dang! any 510's or just z's?

Not that I saw on the entry list. It's a redline open track day. Lot's of subis,

S2K's and some other shit boxes. One of the guy's from AZ has a badass Z He will pretty much kill everything out there. :D

Willows, CA???

My Grandparents lived there ages ago. Back then it was a sleepy little place but very welcoming. They have a track?

Willow springs raceway, It's in rosemond ca. Up by Edwards air force base.

must be nice to race in nov. up here its pouring rain and the track is closed til early marchsih!! i cant go to track days as i dont have my roadrace licience yet, and i dont have the racecar done. those 2 are kinda must haves

We don't need no stinkin road race licence, just an open track day, But it helps to have a race car :lol:

hmmm, i said to lww on zdriver once i get my car done i wanna race him, your encouraged to join in as well. i just gotta finish the money pit!!! i dont even have the cage in yet, still working on the resto of it. california car, which made life very nice. < borat voice.

hmmm, i said to lww on zdriver once i get my car done i wanna race him, your encouraged to join in as well. i just gotta finish the money pit!!! i dont even have the cage in yet, still working on the resto of it. california car, which made life very nice. < borat voice.

Do you have pic's of your car? I would like to see it.

ummm i got some, but its really unfinsihed!!! its gonna look exactly like bob sharps 1979 car. heres some photos, i got the bottom all por-15'd now tho, and the rust fixed at the back (not in photos)

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

016.jpg

heres the goal

BOBSHARP2.jpg

i have this whole magazine copy to make sure i get it right

RT0680s.jpg

Edited by SHADY280
ummm i got some, but its really unfinsihed!!! its gonna look exactly like bob sharps 1979 car. heres some photos, i got the bottom all por-15'd now tho, and the rust fixed at the back (not in photos)

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

016.jpg

heres the goal

BOBSHARP2.jpg

i have this whole magazine copy to make sure i get it right

RT0680s.jpg

That will be one badass car when you finish. Looks like you know what your doing.

i should really make a project thread, then id have 2 going, i got too many projects, but there all dattos. i still gotta finish the bototm off in 2 wheel wells come monday, then paint the interior white and the engine bay white as well. its gonna look identical and yes it will be driven very hard!!!:D

nissanshowwillow015.jpg

some pic's from yesterday

nissanshowwillow017.jpg

nissanshowwillow029.jpg

nissanshowwillow030.jpg

nissanshowwillow027.jpg

nissanshowwillow026.jpg

nissanshowwillow024.jpg

nissanshowwillow025.jpg

speedgato from here, Ratsum member

nissanshowwillow020.jpg

not a datsun but I had to post it.

nissanshowwillow019.jpg

nissanshowwillow023.jpg

This was the fastest Z out there

nissanshowwillow033.jpg

nissanshowwillow037.jpg

The group after racin, Swaping lies at dinner. Nothing like good mexican food after a day at the track.

Edited by datrod
nice pix thanks for posting, wheres your driver rear fender flare??? contact wound? lol. good lineup of cars there

I can't run the rear flairs with that rim & tire combo, That's the first time I ran that combo. My other wheels were made to fit my car. Kodiac wheels.

I have bradnew tires on the kodiac's and didn't want to waste em on an open track day.

What a kick-ass day! Bonus was I didn't break! I was slower than slow but learned a lot and worked out what I have to do for next time. I can't wait!

3033748699_96219fa00f_b.jpg

3033764535_7f813ce798_b.jpg

After riding his Z hard, Jeremy shows his "appreciation" in the best way he knows how!!

3034571532_31522bac78_b.jpg