'64 Roadster Build

Fetch

I thought I would start new with the roadster build using postimage. I lost a lot of pictures with pbucket and upgrading my computer. My original build is here but without pictures. I am sure I will be editing this post.

https://ratsun.net/topic/64942-new-to-the-forum-not-to-datsuns/

Here are a couple of pictures of the 1500 rebuild, which has been the biggest expense so far. The new rocker assembly is from Datsunparts.com. Bottom end is ready. I have the water pump, oil filter mount, fuel pump and timing gears ready to go on. Need a few misc parts for the carbs and dizzy

Getting the pictures sorted.

DSCN1937.jpg

DSCN1936.jpg

Edited by Fetch
  • Like 3
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found my thumb drive with some early pictures. Brakes are rebuilt, gas tank has been cleaned, sealed and installed. Carbs are rebuilt.I gutted the seat to get rid of the petrified mouse and had to make a new latch pin. The seat is actually quite comfortable.

DSCN1400.jpg

DSCN1453.jpg

DSCN1547.jpg

DSCN1551.jpg

DSCN1555.jpg

DSCN1925.jpg

Edited by Fetch
  • Like 1

When it is too cold to work in my garage, I work on my mead. This batch is a dark cherry is about 15% and on the dry side. I have about 9 gallons in various fermentation stages. This batch is one year old and very smooth.

DSCN1944.jpg

Edited by Fetch
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Got home early from work, not to cold out so I pulled the heater. So easy. Two nuts on the firewall.

DSCN1945.jpg

A bit of stuff in the hose.

DSCN1947.jpg

Fortunately no critters in the housing.

DSCN1952.jpg

The heater core shows no sign of leaking. Although the flow control valve is stuck.

DSCN1950.jpg

The hot air ducts do need some attention. Found beach sand in them.

DSCN1954.jpg

Edited by Fetch

Duke, I got this one really cheap with the expectation I would be putting some money into it. Parts are less available and there are just not that many cars left. I found a '70 for $3000 but right off I would be putting $2000 into body work.

As for the heater, I got the control valve out, just need to get a O-ring and the core cleaned. Fan works at the different speeds.

DSCN1957.jpg

Edited by Fetch
  • 2 weeks later...

Not much going on, lows around 25, highs about 35, which is the temp in my garage.

I did pop open the transmission, looks new hardly any wear on the gears. Who ever drove it know how to shift. Back up light switch was stuck, fixed it works fine.

Here is the old and new old clutch. I think is it a truck disk and about 30 years old, never used. If anyone has a 10 spline tool I can borrow, let me know.

DSCN1581.jpg

Edited by Fetch
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Been a while,

Engine, trans ready to go in.

Brake, clutch mc are in. Need to bleed the brakes.

Wiring is 90% complete. Dash is back together. Tail lights are on.

Got wheels powder coated, new tires.

Cosmetics, not so good yet.

Rolled it out of the garage so I can clean said garage.

Did I write it has been four years since it has had the wheels on?

DSCN1992.jpg

DSCN1993.jpg

DSCN1995.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

Been working on my house, building a deck, all the things to keep me from working on the car. But I have made some progress. Fixed more wiring, etc.

Fitted the radiator,

DSCN2014.jpg

Yes, I had to get into the regulator, didn't touch the innards,cleaned wires, made a new wire, looks good and put it back,

DSCN2017.jpg

DSCN2018.jpg

Fixed the exhaust manifold and cleaned up the ports.

DSCN2020.jpg

DSCN2023.jpg

DSCN2025.jpg

Edited by Fetch
  • Like 2