Where to buy an engine?

Guest DatsuNoob

Guest DatsuNoob

Wondering who to go through for my engine swap. Is there anyone out there that sells a near complete package for a swap? Who have you guys used? Who's the best? Looking to stay in washington unless shipping is reasonable.

Thanks

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

getting out of L series, I want to make more power. Thinking VG30 or newer DOHC truck KA, can't decide. $$$ will no doubt be a determining factor, but I'm looking to spend about $1500 on a swap.

Guest DatsuNoob
if you want to do a vg30 i would say just go buy an s12 hatch you can find them for like 6 to 800 then just swap engines

Yeah, I'm thinkin buying a special edition pathfinder would be good. I can use everything under the hood, computer,fuel pump, and even the rear axle, then call the hook. But if I can find a sweet deal on a whole package, I may do that.

Guest DatsuNoob

Dont buy from Gundie's. I had a bad experience there. Dudes are flakes. I originally called on an KA24de w/48,000k for 975 after tax. He told me he didnt know why that motor was listed so cheap, but he had another with 78k he'd let go for the same price. I decided that was ok enough, so I basically settled. Anyway, I scheduled my day around an agreed time of delivery, that never came. I waited an hr after the time and called. The guy who sold me the engine was very insincere. He said he had his driver loading up to go to the Bellingham yard, and that was priority, and that he would not be coming out at the agreed time. I basically set up my whole day around this delivery, and when I heard that, I askedt him that if making good on business dealings when a customer spends just under $1000 isn't priority, how does a guy stay in business. He layed on the sarcasm pretty thick, which only further irritated me, then pretended to give a shit when I got pissed.

Because I didn't take it lying down, now I gotta worry about those assholes messing with my motor. Just like when you worry about spit in your food when you say it tastes like shit. I didn't get angry because my engine wasn't here, I was angry with the lack of concern, sarcasm, an unwillingness to make ammends for their shortcomings.I explained to him that I AM his business, local guys like us who purchase salvageable items like this, help keep the ball rolling for them, and should be treated fairly for what we spend. I'm gonna go in there tomorrow and call the whole thing off. Another guy in Spanaway, All auto parts I think, offered to fire up whatever I wanted to buy first before buying. Costs about $50 more, but to know you're getting a comp tested, proven running engine is worth it to me.

Edited by DatsuNoob

Damn straight. Once the motor is out they can claim any mileage on it they want. Be sarcastic when you tell them to go fuck themselves, word gets around

Yeah, I'm thinkin buying a special edition pathfinder would be good. I can use everything under the hood, computer,fuel pump, and even the rear axle, then call the hook. But if I can find a sweet deal on a whole package, I may do that.

The Path axle is 150 cm or about 3" wider than the 620, is four link with coils and the diff is H-233 or just slightly bigger than the Ford 9". Drive shaft definitely won't bolt up.

Guest DatsuNoob

hmmm... I had planned on getting a driveline made anyway, if that's gonna be the only major thing to consider, I think it'll work out. I dont think I'll be getting into the back end of my truck for awhile anyway. Things are quickly adding up with doing a swap, upgrading my front susp. and brakes. Hope it's not gonna be a million dollar datsun truck. I am gonna go check out that guy in Spanaway tomorrow. He didn't make any b.s. claims of mileage, because he said he honestly didn't know, but he said he'd fire anything up for me and comp test in front of me too. I just dont get how nowadays, in this buyer's market, companies can still afford to be assholes and lose business based on the economy. You'd think they'd be a little more willing to cooperate to get the sale.

Edited by DatsuNoob
Guest DatsuNoob

Yeah, he wasn't charging $50 to hear it run, the motor just costs about $50 at that yard all said and done. Gundies knocked off my delivery fee after I chewed the salesman's ass in front of the manager, but my crank pulley has a big chip knocked off the lip, and the water pump is wobbly. Water pump not such a big deal, but I just want to make sure everything internally spins straight. I imagine it would take a pretty significant slam to knock shit outta whack, but for $975 I shouldn't have to worry about it. What do you guys think, should I just replace the pulley (I kinda want aluminum anyway) and pump, or just take that shit back and get another somewhere else? I've got 101 days to figure it out before the warranty runs out.