Conversion to EFI

SlickBeads

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, and i plan to use megasquirt 2 and an aftermarket fps and rail instead of the stock system. Im gonna simplify everything and get rid of everything lol. im hoping that all the stuff im taking off will fund part of the project. lol im selling the heater the ac and everything else that isnt needed.

Doesn't that depend on whether he has the deep or shallow spare tire well? I think all the 280Zs have the shallow spare tire well (taller tank). 

Early 280 (75/early 76 IIRC its been a while) has a tank like a 240/260 with the hump on one side and the later ones have a twinky shaped tank.

There are two types of tanks for the 280z.

Early 280 (75/early 76 IIRC its been a while) has a tank like a 240/260 with the hump on one side and the later ones have a twinky shaped tank.

There are two types of tanks for the 280z.

Whats funny is that I never knew this until recently. Previously the only 280Z's I had were both 1975. Now I have this 1978 one and I see the floor is raised in the back. I assume it was to fit a larger tank in there.

I would bet Skib is right on with the year separation. 1975-76 // 1977-78 

Whats funny is that I never knew this until recently. Previously the only 280Z's I had were both 1975. Now I have this 1978 one and I see the floor is raised in the back. I assume it was to fit a larger tank in there.

Really? I thought you would have known that lol

Heres the early style tank, like a 240/260

17201-N4201_6807_1kol.jpg

and the later style one that accounts for the raised rear deck.

264276273.jpg