Sign in to follow this  
ratrat

63 L320 fuel pump leaking.

I just picked up a63  L320 pickup.

the fuel pump is leaking pretty good from the weep holes on the bottom, I'm guessing its a cracked Diaphragm from what i've read.

Anyone got a heads up on if you can repair them, or where to track down a fuel pump or rebuild kit? Any other later models fit with this?

This has been discussed in the 320 section a few times in the recent past.

One potential source for parts, whether it be a replacement diaphragm or a whole new pump, is BMC. They used similar pumps in everything from MG's, Morris Minors, Austin Minis among others.

Check Moss Motors website to compare pics and see for yourself.

• Like 1

From what I've seen ebay is or second hand will be your best bet for the pump. Diaphragms will be even tougher to find

You might try posting a wanted ad in the classifieds and maybe one will turn up.

Good luck.

I don't know how purist your are but there are also electric pumps.

I just googled "morris minor mechanical fuel pump" and came up with a few possible hits. https://www.google.com/search?q=morris+minor+mechanical+fuel+pump&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiJ2_3c2I7XAhVP3WMKHTQhAucQ_AUICygC&biw=1680&bih=910#imgrc=_

Somewhere there is a webpage (maybe it's here on Ratsun...?) that explains the interchangeability between early Datsun and BMC engines. I believe I read on that page that the BMC fuel pump is a direct fit.

• Like 1