jovial_cynic's Welded Figurines

well i am thinking 2 atlas....atlases.....atlas's.....2 atli for a project, and it i get them might as well do a chef same time to save on shipping :D how big are the atl......the ones holding the world, how big are they? can you put a basketball next to one for reference? i really liked the heart, any thought on making another one?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um... I don't have a basketball handy, but my figurines on their own stand about 5" tall. Hunched over with the ball, I'd say that the Atlas figurine is about 8" tall. Do you want them a specific size? I make most of my figurines as custom requests, so if you want them to be a particular size, I can make it for you.

I can make another heart, no problem. I can make anything, really.

What project are you working on that would make use of my figurines?

• 3 months later...

20090317_quixoteDrawing.jpg

I've always liked this Picasso sketch of Don Quixote and his sidekick, trotting through fields with windmills in the distance. There's something otherworldly about it that, in a few strokes, captures insanity, loneliness, friendship, struggle... all in one image. But mostly insanity, given the actual story of Don Quixote.

My old boss wanted me to weld up something that resembled Don Quixote, and last Christmas, I got around to making a welded replica of the Picasso:

20090317_quixote.jpg

It's a welded relief sculpture, which ends up being a work of art (mine), based on a work of art (Picasso's), based on a work of art (Cervantes'). This is an example of multi-tiered inspiration.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...