My daily green machine

Scgreen620

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So guys real quick before I mess with my truck myself just wondering what do you guys think.. I totally forgot I had the ebrake on ... I wasn't able to see it because I was driving at night .. Drove for 3 miles .. Did not feel the truck slow or trying to slow me down got off the freeway, was on the off ramp pressed the brakes and all of a sudden I felt like there was no pressure the pedal dropped close the floor, pumped the pedal and it started braking ... But now in order to brake I have to push the pedal almost all the way to the floor ... Did not smell anything burning and did not see any fluid come out the cylinders front or back .....

Has anyone had this happen before ?

• Like 1

Adjust rear brakes and re bleed system.  You probably over heated the rear brakes.  New brake fluid is a good idea which will be replaced by a good bleeding of all 4 brakes.  Bleed until all air is out and the fluid coming out runs clear at each wheel starting at the farthest wheel from the master cylinder..  DOT 3 brake fluid.

• Like 3

Should I replace the brake shoes? Or front brakes? Or not really worry about it ?

do this first:

Adjust rear brakes and re bleed system.  You probably over heated the rear brakes.  New brake fluid is a good idea which will be replaced by a good bleeding of all 4 brakes.  Bleed until all air is out and the fluid coming out runs clear at each wheel starting at the farthest wheel from the master cylinder..  DOT 3 brake fluid.

and see how she brakes after all is said and done. 

• Like 1

You guys don't think I should change the cylinders as well right ? Cuz they are new about 6 months old front and rear

ok, again, do this first:

and see how she brakes after all is said and done.

don't need to even take the wheels off at this point

• Like 1

I got carried away a little ... Now I have the list took the wheels off checked the rear drums seem fine I do need to adjust them tho... Took the front wheels off noticed I have a wobble on one and I hear metal grind noise .. I'm thinking it's the bearings so now that I'm going to fix the bearings .. I'm going to do slotted rotors saw some on rock auto .. And since the brakes are wearing off all messed up, I'll replace those as well ....

Saw some eBay slotted and drilled rotors for 100 bucks .. Their for the 86 hardbody ... Has anyone used those before ?

Another thing my driver side torsion bar has a wiggle is there bushings I can use to fix this issue?

It came with disk but the hardbody v6 calipers sound way better ... Went to the junk yard.... Installed them never changed the rotors or the pads all I did was install and bleed ..

It was a daily ..... now that I have a work van I only drive it when I miss it which is every 3 day lol

• Like 1

Centric rotors...$30 each.

Stop Tech pads...$40.

RA.

There's your $100 with better performance than some generic, throw away crap an eBay some buyer got duped into buying...because...hey, slots and holes drilled in my rotor looks fast.

Drilled holes in rotors weaken them. And any "performance" rotor worth a damn cost more than that price.

Your truck, your money. I speak from experience though.

You ever fix that "noise" you couldn't find?

• Like 1