Hitachi troubles solved?

SickDrift

I dont even know if this is worth it's own thread but I figured I'd post it anyway.

Since rebuilding my carb with my friend, I never felt my truck quite drove like it should have. It drove "fine" for three weeks until all of the sudden I was driving down the road and it started to fall on its face. It seemed to rev fine, but would almost die when putting it into gear. I limped it to my friends house and we were stumped. We went though all the jets making sure something wasnt clogged up. The fuel pump was operating fine, the float level was fine, we could find no probs.

Finally we were basically re-rebuilt the thing again and discovered an (the?) obvious problem. We had reassembled the carb just as we had taken it apart, assuming it had been put together correctly since the last people had rebuilt it. As it turns out, where the hollow bolt is supposed to be beneath the power valve, we had a solid bolt. So the power valve was getting no vacuum. After correcting this, and recleaning everything, we put it all back together, and the truck is now driving like it never has before.

I guess the moral of this story is that it certainly helps to have all the necesary documents, and look very close at everything you are assembling as the person who may have worked on it before you may have had their head up their ass. ;)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the moral of this story is that it certainly helps to have all the necesary documents, and look very close at everything you are assembling as the person who may have worked on it before you may have had their head up their ass. ;)

Is this the guy???

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/head-up-ass-1.jpg[/img]"]head-up-ass-1.jpg