l18 compression test

sanyantho

yes use a straight edge  but long enough so that you can measure the head from one end to the other.  Measure cross wise and from one side then the other side.  You can even stick a feeler gauge between the head and the straight edge to see how much it is off.  Measure the head on a very flat surface.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. a pinched gasket means you didnt lower the oil pan or something of that nature when putting the front cover on. I did this myself. i put lower of the front cover on firt then as i close it up on the top and watch not to pinch at the top

also i might keep the front cover being flat all the way around ,meaning the water passage might not be fully seated and thus water gets in the oil.  Remeber in my vid I puta cunt hair of RTV around the water passages. really along the whole side gaskets. I also put a pinch of RTV on the corners and under front of the head gasket .

yes use a straight edge  but long enough so that you can measure the head from one end to the other.  Measure cross wise and from one side then the other side.  You can even stick a feeler gauge between the head and the straight edge to see how much it is off.  Measure the head on a very flat surface.

will do racerx

OK. a pinched gasket means you didnt lower the oil pan or something of that nature when putting the front cover on. I did this myself. i put lower of the front cover on firt then as i close it up on the top and watch not to pinch at the top

also i might keep the front cover being flat all the way around ,meaning the water passage might not be fully seated and thus water gets in the oil.  Remeber in my vid I puta cunt hair of RTV around the water passages. really along the whole side gaskets. I also put a pinch of RTV on the corners and under front of the head gasket .

thats correct, i didnt lower the oil pan. do i have to remove all the oil pan bolt to lower? or half of the bolts?

well in my vid Ithink I say you have to lower the pan as your trying to get a already tight fit in there and might even rip the oil pan gasket. Napa used to sell front gasket kits and a piiece of oil pan gasket cut out section for the front cover .

I loosen all the bolts of coarse more in front than the back

now I forgot why your removed the head???????????

if the same head just fixed, then the water in the oil is just a front cover not sealing iussue as it was not doing it before

i think you are right. that why i probably was not able to see the timing mark also, because the oil and water would leak out into the pulley covering the timing mark. thanks Hainz

• 2 years later...