Datsun Work Truck?

Pumpkn210

I am starting a landscaping buisness and was thinking of using a datsun truck. If not a datsun then a dodge. I will be carrying 2 lawn mowers a couple weed eaters, 2 garbage cans rakes, gas and other whatnot.

The question is this: Would this be practical? What would the maint be like. I will most likely not be using it to haul debris so the suspension should handle the mowers, gas, rakes and crap, right?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like my 620 kc it has disk brakes to :D I guess with the brackets sold on this forum all of them can have disks. I think a datto truck would be great, it would get 3 to 4 times better milage than the average v8 truck... We have fords at our work, you can watch the gas gauge drop!!

I've filled the bed up my '74 to the rail with gravel with no problems. Or 17 sheets of 5/8" drywall (my Mom's Ranger was on the bump stops at 13 sheets, and I'd bought 30 sheets...). I've had as many as 4 engines in the bed at once. Towed a trailer with 6 file cabinets in the trailer (and 4 more in the bed). They make good work trucks.

Thanks guys. I found one in town for $350. The guy says "Its a KingCab." I was even thinking air bags with a switch in the cab and by the tailgate as to help out with the load unload process(nothing crazy).

Dr. Greenthumb Lawncare

a bagged KC for 350...post up some pics!

I dont think its bagged, i think hes considering buying and bagging it..

Thanks guys. I found one in town for $350. The guy says "Its a KingCab." I was even thinking air bags with a switch in the cab and by the tailgate as to help out with the load unload process(nothing crazy).

Dr. Greenthumb Lawncare

Juts buy some some lowering blocks and crank the torsion bars down, it will be plenty low...

http://store.gaugemagazine.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=353