Rockin' the fake vinyl top look with rolled on paint...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Angela, you goon is sweeeeeet!

When you did the paint did you put each coat on in a different direction?

On rolling wall texture by changing the direction with each coat it evens out the texture and reduces the roller edge lines.

• Like 1

Hi Angela, you goon is sweeeeeet!

When you did the paint did you put each coat on in a different direction?

On rolling wall texture by changing the direction with each coat it evens out the texture and reduces the roller edge lines.

Yeah Charlie....thats exactly what I did. Think it could use a few more layers to really make it look more even. I like it cos I don't stress about damaging it or rock chips, etc. if anything happens, I can just touch it up or redo the whole thing.

• Like 1

Yeah Charlie....thats exactly what I did. Think it could use a few more layers to really make it look more even. I like it cos I don't stress about damaging it or rock chips, etc. if anything happens, I can just touch it up or redo the whole thing.

That's exactly why I went with plastidip for my rising sun on the hood :)

• 4 weeks later...

That's a nice looking wagon, it looks good in the two tone! I like the wheels too!

Hey, Thanks Jersey! She runs better when she hears things like that so I do appreciate the kind words!

• Like 2

When I was in the states in 2014, I went to Solvang for a business meeting in May, there was a Macaroni & Cheese festival being held, yes, you read correctly, a Mac'n'Cheese festival, it was just all the wineries showing their products, whilst having cooks produce their version of gourmet mac'n'cheese, one had lobster in it, another was blue vein cheese etc.

Was a great way to finish a business meeting and then get intoxicated with hundreds of entertaining Americans, that evening I went down the road to Los Olivos, and got stoned on medicinal marijuana at the Garlic Festival.

One of my may stories from my last trip to California, a place I plan on returning to as many times as possible in the future.

I quite like the rolled paint on the roof, almost gives it a similar texture to the factory vinyl

Hey thanks! I'm planning on making the top look even closer to the original vinyl with Plasti-Dip paint next time.

Sounds like you had a really good time! Glad to hear that you got to experience some of the great offerings here on the Central coast. That Mac 'n Cheese festival is the real deal...no box mac for sure. The wines are superb & the herbs...well, you know : )

Hope you find a reason to come back & see/experience some more. Lots of great car shows & cruises all Summer long. Can't beat good food, good wine, beautiful beaches & awesome rides :)

I want to come back for a few months and just relax, see the sights, meet the people, dream would be to buy a 1600, go to every motokhana event, and just have fun. Off to Japan soon to do that for a week, Tokyo, renting an S13 to go drifting at Ebisu circuit.