Austin, TX Baby!!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Native Austinite checking in. Welcome to town! I'm glad you went to the Capitol, as it's quite a sight. Other things to check out are Barton Springs pool (be prepared for the cold temperature) and the Elisabet Ney Museum. If you're into fancy motorcycle stuff, Revival Cycles on South Congress is a nice place to gawk around in. I'll agree with the earlier post that Franklin's is a total rip-off of your time. There's much better BBQ to be had for much less effort, like La Barbecue (some of the best brisket I've ever had) and Freedmen's, which is located in a really cool ancient building, Salt Lick is meh to my taste. I think it's more about the atmosphere. If you want a true taste of Central Texas BBQ, head south about 45 mins and go to Smitty's in Lockhart. It's the real deal.

Have fun and let me know if you need any more suggestions!

Damn.......a week late......

......next time dude.....

....probably won't be the last time I head there... ;)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Texas made here. Houston, tx to be exact. Headed to Austin this weekend. Great place to be. Although, if you come in the summer, go to new braunsfels, south of Austin. Ride tubes down rivers, and look at naked chicks all day.

Must not be Schlitterbahn, just bikinis there