Vehicle Transport companies…Recommendations? Advice?

Hello all,

I'm in negotiations with a guy in Texas who's selling his '71 510 Wagon. He's the original owner, bought it new in 1971 & it's in great shape. I don't want to lose out on such an opportunity but have never used a vehicle transport company before so whatever they charge will weigh heavily in my ability to pull this off. I've done a little quote shopping but thought I'd throw it to the Ratsun family for advice. Any suggestions? I'm in California so it needs to travel from El Paso to Atascadero. I know open transport is less expensive than closed but seems like prices are all over the place. Help!

Thanks in advance for any leads/advice :confused:

Angela

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try and use an owner operator company or a company that owns their own trucks. Brokers are more of a pain then they are worth and you run the risk of your car getting transferred from one truck to another, or caught in a transfer lot.

I used Golden Key Express from CT to CA - cost about $1200  

do not!!! DO NOT!!!!! us crosstheroad auto transport

i used dream auto transport and they got my car from utah and brought it here to san jose in 2 or 3 days $600 open transport

Noted! Thanks :thumbup:

Try and use an owner operator company or a company that owns their own trucks. Brokers are more of a pain then they are worth and you run the risk of your car getting transferred from one truck to another, or caught in a transfer lot.

I used Golden Key Express from CT to CA - cost about $1200  

I appreciate the info…thanks.