Bogging out when secondaries kick in

Outta_OC

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's running great after the new plugs and working thermostat... Hah. Revs all the way through now.

The plugs were gapped at .39 I think... I guess I should pull them and gap to .32?

Do you have points or is the ign electronic?  I'm blind here I do not remember seeing what vehicle you have.  What plugs are you using?  Kind of important info, thanks

• Like 1

NGK plugs only. B6ES and close to 0.032" gap with Pertronix. If you get a working EI dizzy and proper coil it much wider. Too wide a gap and the spark will start looking for an easier path to ground. Always maintain your ignition wires,rotor and cap so that the plug gap IS the easiest path to ground.

• Like 1

NGK plugs only. B6ES and close to 0.032" gap with Pertronix. If you get a working EI dizzy and proper coil it much wider. Too wide a gap and the spark will start looking for an easier path to ground. Always maintain your ignition wires,rotor and cap so that the plug gap IS the easiest path to ground.

0.039 is too wide. 0.032 is better for what you have now. The Pertronix system is basically stock output but without having points.

• Like 1

When you get a chance always run the NGK/Nippondenso plugs. I notice on the autolites the thread pitch is slightly different and always has a MOFO time pulling those back . Thought the plug was going to snap.

I never gap my plugs and most are .032 from the factory. Never had a proplem

matter of fact I just pull them out of heads I gets over the years clean them up and run them

• Like 1

My girlfriend is getting tired of me spending my satudays under the hood... Hahaha...

Thanks for all the helps guys, I'll pull the plugs and gap down a bit

Yup, pick one. loose the other. Oil and water don't mix.

• Like 1