Deader than Delorean's credit card

jetdoc1971

Took off towards work this morning , couple miles away from the house the 620 quit like you unplugged it. Notta bit of spark , drug it home and can't make it hit a lick. ReMan dizzy with electronic module is 330.00 at parts house. Do you fellows have any quik fix ideas????

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those match box dizzys almost never quit, must be a wire.

Put an old plug in the end of the coil wire where it enters the dist cap and lay it on the fender or anything grounded and crank it over and look for spark. no spark, check the + terminal on coil for 12 volts, yes... check the two wires going to the dizzy (the Black/White wire should have 12 volts with the key on), check that the dizzy is fully grounded.

Edited by datzenmike

I read something on a matchbox dizzy FAQ... theres a link to it somewhere on here, it said to remove the box from the distributor and to clean the back of the box and the distributor housing mount area as this is where the box grounds... The guy said he did this to a "bad" distributor and it worked fine after that. Good luck.

Jumper +12 to the + coil terminal and crank over... If you now get spark then you don't have 12 volts going to your coil.

Some dizzy distributors have a ground terminal on them besides the two prong plug. Is the dizzy bolted down tightly to the timing cover?

Dead coil. Scavenged one off the "oldest boy name of Karl's" 620 and mine popped right off. He was concerned about me raiding his truck for parts but I assured him I was "borrowing" for troubleshooting purposes only. Went to town and got a new one and the Flatto Datto is running again. The brakes were soft when I bought it , trying to bleed them out I notice bubbles in the res every time they are pumped???? Any thoughts?