1985 720 Throttle stuck wide open

1985 4x4

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No still not fixed and it was not the return spring, 2 local shops could not remedie my Challenge! I do not want to bother or ask anyone as well here because I realize sometimes that online help is limited and frustrating for you guy's as well. So with my options I decided to go weber conversion which is interesting...85.5 so I have it all installed(almost) I was told that the distributor I have would not work with the carburetor because it was a later but stock dizzy something about the timing /so I would need an earlier one. Got an earlier 83/84 and the shaft is completley different. This was today so in another boat with no paddles again. Been riding the bus and bicycle to work now for 3 months. What pisses me off the most is I have no confidence here because people make smart arse comments and I am new at this and trying but I came here for help..it is what it is sometimes

Smart assery is a finely tuned art here, it's true. Don't let that get you down. It's a bit of a right of passage here. If you can hack it and keep brawling, then you can gain some cred here and that slows down quite a bit. Show people you heard and used their advice, add in info you've learned from your own research, you'll be fixing your truck and slinging bs on here in no time.

There isn't much info on what parts are necessary to go between z24 and z24i without swapping everything. One of the better documented cases (by a fellow called Nissan nut, you can Google his website) gave up upgrading to z24i and bought a complete z24i engine to do it.

There is good help buried under the bull shit. Keep shoveling, it's worth it.

• Like 1

Not giving up...that is not a choice, today I just happen to check the site and it had been over a month. I have been working on it when I can and will continue to work through this. My truck which I got for almost nothing and got it going fairly quick,clean out the tank some brake stuff slave cylinder, master cylinder,belts,tires and tune up and a new radiator (someone stole the stock one when I was working on her). drove it for 3 months as a daily, the water pump went so I replaced it and then a week later the throttle body crap happened and the story continues. 

I guess with my age I just get disappointed and frustrated at times but I will be honest with the arsery....if new members come here and really want to learn and then the b.s. starts flying most will not return, I honestly thought a positive response or constructive one will help someone continue the life of their Nissan instead of digging a hole for them.  I simply did not log in or go to the site. It is not everyone , I just was trying to find out why and what to do on a small budget to drive my 720, I love my truck and the easy thing to do is sell it or drive something newer with eternal payments, it's just not me.

I will try to get some pics up of the progress tomorrow. 

thanks for the responses