caster/ alignment issues

datsundan

this weekend i just removed the old rubber bushings from my front control arms on my 72 510 with some polyurethane ones. anyways now that i dont have loose blown out rubber bushings i had to readjust and lengthen my techno toy tuning t/c rods about a half an inch on both sides. now my alignment is way off to the left and the steering wheels is heavier turning right instead of left. any thoughts upon why my car is pulling so hard to the left and the thick steering? could this be a caster alignment issue and how would i go about aligning the caster in my garage?:mad:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shorten the left TC rod a little or lenghten the right TC rod a little. This will get you close. You need to to take it to an alignment shop to get it done properly though. A ruined set of tires is way more expensive than the cost of the proper aligment.

Jason

I wouldn't use poly bushings for the LCA with any caster, unless i wanted the bolt to sheer off. Loosen the TC to LCA bolts when you adjust and then tighten them back up. This will give you a little bit of play like Icehouse noted on the realm. I made a post about front end adjustment over on the 510 realm that you might find helpful/enlightening:

http://the510realm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10220&p=103045#p103045

Guest jaimesix

Extra caster and hard polyeurethane bushings sound mutually exclusive. I am not an expert, but if adding caster to a fixed arm is posible through rubber bushing flexibility, the only way to play with a fixed arm with polyeurethane bushings would be to replace the arms for adjustable arms.

What am I missing?

Jaime.____________________________________________________