Fuel Lines for Mikuni 40mm Sidedrafts

510SSS

-Hey all, I was wondering if anyone knows a good way to route fuel lines for a Mikuni setup? I am utilizing the L24 fuelpump, and the outlet is 5/16ths I believe, whereas the inlet on the carbs appears to be 1/4in. Does anyone know where I can find a adapter changes the fuel line from one size to the other?

-I also need some ninety degree inlets for the tops of the mikunis, does anyone know who carries these type of fittings as well?    

-What are other people using for their sidedraft setups?

-Thanks Alot-

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want a really trouble free setup, why not convert everything to AN fittings and steel braided line? You can flare the stock fuel line from the tank to accept a -4 tube nut and from there a -4 to -6 nipple or Holley fuel pressure regulator, then either one line to two carbs with a tee or two lines with a junction block. The stock fuel line will only take a -4 fitting, but you can bend a new line all the way back to the tank for -6 (3/8").

These are two different setups that I do. Both work fine.

Mikuni_Linkage_Small_03.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

Or...

IMG_3084Small.jpg

IMG_3086Small.jpg

The ideal thing to do is keep the stock T's or use banjo bolts, so you can still have the screens right before the fuel goes into the float bowl. They're the last thing to keep debris out in case anything sneaks past the filter. It really doesn't take much to block a jet or prevent a needle from closing. Also, be gentle with those screens. They're NLA.

-Hmm, I just thought that a 90degree would look cleaner than the a T does anyone know who would carry these? Thanks Mike and Stoffregren for the Replies.

-However, the thing is I already have new hardline run from the tank to the engine bay in 5/16th, and I have a mechanical fuel pump with the 5/16th outlet, Is there a way I can adapt this setup to be used with Steel Braided lines and AN fittings?

If you want a really trouble free setup, why not convert everything to AN fittings and steel braided line? You can flare the stock fuel line from the tank to accept a -4 tube nut and from there a -4 to -6 nipple or Holley fuel pressure regulator, then either one line to two carbs with a tee or two lines with a junction block. The stock fuel line will only take a -4 fitting, but you can bend a new line all the way back to the tank for -6 (3/8").

These are two different setups that I do. Both work fine.

Mikuni_Linkage_Small_03.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

Or...

IMG_3084Small.jpg

IMG_3086Small.jpg

This haha.

-Hmm, I just thought that a 90degree would look cleaner than the a T does anyone know who would carry these? Thanks Mike and Stoffregren for the Replies.

-However, the thing is I already have new hardline run from the tank to the engine bay in 5/16th, and I have a mechanical fuel pump with the 5/16th outlet, Is there a way I can adapt this setup to be used with Steel Braided lines and AN fittings?

You could use a fuel filter with threaded ports. Run the feed line to a standard flare nut into the filter, then a -6 AN nipple out the other side of the filter.

90 degree what? Hose end? At the carb inlet?

The inlet on the carb is metric. I believe it's 12 x 1.25 (Weber is 12 x 1.5 so be careful). You can fittings here:

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group.asp?GroupID=FUELPLUMB

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=6809