Datsun 521 brake cables

veryboard

Hi everyone,Great Forum.Does anyone know were I can find the rear parking brake cables for a 1971 Datsun 521 Pickup?I don`t care if they are original,can be off a different vehicle as long as they will work.Any help would be appreciated.Thank You

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am located In Dobbinton Ontario Canada,N0H1L0.Here in Ontario Canada the parking brake has to work for safety inspection.Maybe someone knows if there is such thing as a universal brake cable set one can buy for a reasonable price?If the 520 cables will work I would be interested in purchasing them from you 420n620.Are they new cables or good used ones?

If they are no longer available and you cant find good used ones, then i know that you can have new ones made if you can send in a sample part.

I think that it was a company called Instrument Sales and Service in Portland, OR that made some for me years ago.

Jason

Thanks for all the info everyone.I think I might try some 620 cables,might be able to make fit.There is no scrap yard around here that has any old Datsun stuff,witch is too bad for me.I will post results.

I had a problem with the 720 gas tank in my 620. I tried all over around Toronto.... There was NOTHING!!!! Ontario is a wasteland for Nissan trucks Datsun even more so.

Nexy summer plan a road trip to the Pacific NW and fill your truck with parts.:D