Trade: 69 2002 for Datsun 521/Wagon

Hey guys,I know this is a longshot,but thought I would post this to see what some may have.I have a 1969 2002 in relatively nice condition.2 litre motor was rebuilt about 12000 miles ago.Runs strong.Has Bilsteins/bbs wheels and a weber 32/36.Car is alot of fun and gets looks for sure.I am looking for a Datsun 521/Wagon in comparable condition for trade.LMK what you may have.I am in the SF bay area.

Thanks!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a nice 2002.But I got the itch for a Wagon/521 really bad.My wife is gonna kill me but she will get over it.:mellow::lol:

she will get over it ------ in divorce court

I think you better make sure before you do it. just my 2 cents worth

These are great cars! Just hope the water pump and thermostat last. They were obviously designed to be installed on the engine block before it was dropped into the car [i owned a 2002 and changed both of the above]. It can be done but you will learn a few more "Teutonic" or Anglo Saxon 4 letter words before you are done. But a great car anyway. After all, Datsun thought enough of it to "borrow" the engine design, tilt it vertical, square off the top of the block and call it a L1600.

These are great cars! Just hope the water pump and thermostat last. They were obviously designed to be installed on the engine block before it was dropped into the car [i owned a 2002 and changed both of the above]. It can be done but you will learn a few more "Teutonic" or Anglo Saxon 4 letter words before you are done. But a great car anyway. After all, Datsun thought enough of it to "borrow" the engine design, tilt it vertical, square off the top of the block and call it a L1600.

I believe that the myth is that they "borrowed" the engine design from mercedes...

i'm assuming you are in the california area? Might help the trade if you got a location.

Sorry for not being completely clear.I assumes when I said SF bay area,it was enough,but yes Gensaiken is correct.I am in Northern California.

Your right about the water pump being a pain to get to.BMW guys have there process to get to it without too much difficulty.Its a process but once you do it once,its not that bad.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.