"728" cylinder head on Ebay

rbastedo

For A series engines it says, I haven't seen one of these before.

Is it a GX head? Seller indicates maybe but doesn't know for sure.

Is it worth the price he's asking?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Nissan-A-Series-Race-Head-1200-B210-210-A12-A13-A14-A15-SCCA-GX-JDM-BRE-/351328954887?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

$_57.JPG

Looks pretty rusty to me, and where are the valves/springs etc.

These heads are pretty rare and this is the last one I have. Could be a rare GX head, but I'm not sure.

Nice misdirection. It's rare, but could be rare. Where's ggzilla?  Caveat Emptor

There were two heads that people refer to as the GX head. Many people think that if it has large, oval ports, that alone qualifies it as a GX head, but the true GX heads were never offered on any vehicle here in the states. They were, although, sold by Datsun Comp (Nissan Motorsports).

It's hard to tell, but it looks like this one may have been ported a bit.

It has been a long time since I have seen the inside of a race A series, but this head looks legit. If I remember correctly, the USA oval port heads necked down rapidly just inside the port.

For someone looking for real  A-series performance, I would say that if it's not badly warped or cracked, it's definitely worth the asking price.

I may have mistaken the number, it's the one on the left side and the other number on the top is 402.

Not sure what head it it, haven't seen one before.

$_57.JPG

728 is a low RPM round-port head. A14 made 65 HP instead of 80hp with the more common heads.