RFI Spark Interference LB20

abbylind

I have NGK plugs in my 77 LB20. I was getting RFI noise on both my goodtimes radio (AM FM) and my two way radio. Thought it was the spark plug wires so a bought a special set from Magnacore..still no joy. NGK isn't too clear which plugs are RFI resistant (Resistor plugs). I went though this same problem with my 74 620 4X4 but my old brain cells have left me and I don't remember which plugs solved the problem. For those who aren't familiar, this RFI noise comes from high ignition systems It sounds like bacon popping in frying pan on your radio as the engine RPM's rise it makes more noise sounding like a beehive. It is NOT generated from the alternator....that RFI sounds like a whine or whistle that rises and lowers with engine RPM

Help old wise ones!

• Like 1
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<table width="100% height=" 10"="" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium;">

Home » Products » Performance

display_resistor.jpg

pdficon_large.gif Download Document:Resistor Cover Fit Guide (1MB PDF)

getacro.gif

Resistor Covers

Power Sport Manufacturers are required to meet noise suppression standards throughout the world.  Spark Plugs alone do not provide enough noise suppression therefore resistor covers were introduced. NGK Resistor Covers are designed to reduce “Electro Magnetic Interference” and “Radio Frequency Interference” which can interfere with electronic ignition components causing misfires and poor engine performance.

NGK Resistor Covers are manufactured using extremely durable Phenolic Resin and EPDM Rubber. Ceramic resistors are used to ensure optimum performance and reliability. Resistor Covers must withstand extreme heat, vibration, prevent flash over and must be water proof.  NGK Spark Plugs superior design ensures optimal service life and performance.  Resistor Covers are for Motorcycle, Marine, Snowmobile and Small Engine applications only.

• Original Equipment fit, form and function
  • Available in various shapes and sizes
  • Designed to fit removable terminal nut and solid terminal nut spark plugs
  • Designed for 10 mm,12 mm and 14 mm diameter spark plugs

When you require Original Equipment fit, form and function demand the best NGK Resistor Caps

Guest Rick-rat

BPR6ES is a resistor plug the "R" in the number means resistor. This is the plug your truck should use, found in NGK website

Just for your info abbylind, I am old but not considered wise, no one listens to me anyway so buy whatever you think will work  :rofl: 

• Like 1

BPR6ES is a resistor plug the "R" in the number means resistor. This is the plug your truck should use, found in NGK website

Just for your info abbylind, I am old but not considered wise, no one listens to me anyway so buy whatever you think will work  :rofl:

Hahaha gotcha! Sometimes I think they keep me around not for wisdom but ballast...