Bucket 510 with a turbo

Also, a lot of you will probably hate the intercooler set up, lack of grill, etc etc...well...it's not your car. Gotta remember I got the shell for free, intercooler for free, motor for free, etc. I have very little money into the car I just want a cheap toy.

I am going to change the set up in the future, once my fj20 car is done and hide the intercooler. I need to replace every body panel (except passenger door, that one is nice, possibly trunk) and majority of the floors before I start actually putting money into the car to make it "nice". So, once I replace the bent up front end THEN I'll put a smaller intercooler in.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt anyone remembers my little bucket 510, but she is still around and kicking. The car stayed how it was pictured above until last weekend when I got bored of the big fmic. I removed the turbo set up, wasn't satisfied, so I yanked the motor and trans too. With the car sitting there engineless once again I looked in my shed and weighed my motor options. Another ka24e? ka24de? nah...sr? no, ive never liked sr's. Ca18det would be cool but I don't own one and hate spending money on this car. So, I settled on an fj20e. I dropped the fj20 in on Sunday, still have plenty of work ahead of me but I think she will stay fj20 for a while.

Motor is in and mounted, trans is in and mounted, clutch slave cyl mounted and bled, header is in but not connected to the exhaust. I need to fit a radiator and wire it up.