M5-0.8 Headlight Adjusting Screw Interchange?

Cardinal Grammeter

As luck would have it, I've lost 2 of my headlight adjusting screws since my headlight assembly repair was interrupted for 2 months.

I was hoping not to have to go to eBay or get something from Thailand - is there anything locally available that would work?

Any M5-0.8 adjust screw would work.

If my time is worth 10¢ and hour, I should just buy them off eBay - but I would like to get the job done tomorrow.

THanks

Tom

EDIT:

I just found this interchange for the 620 part number 26022-H1010:

NISSAN 1200 All       Headlight Adjusting Screw - 73-71 NISSAN 200SX All       Headlight Adjusting Screw - 79-77 NISSAN 210 All       Headlight Adjusting Screw - 80-79 NISSAN 620 All       Headlight Adjusting Screw - 79-75 NISSAN 620 PICKUP All       Headlight Adjusting Screw - 74-72 NISSAN 810 All       Headlight Adjusting Screw - 81-77 NISSAN B210 All       Headlight Adjusting Screw - 78-74

and also interchange for the Dorman 42182:

AutoZone 42182 Headlamp Adjusting Screw AutoZone 42182 Headlamp Adjusting Screw Direct Details» CARQUEST 42182 Headlight Adjusting Screw CARQUEST 42182 Headlight Adjusting Screw Direct Details» NISSAN 26022-H1000 Headlight Adjusting Screw NISSAN 26022-H1000 Headlight Adjusting Screw Direct Details» NISSAN 26022-H1010 Headlight Adjusting Screw NISSAN 26022-H1010 Headlight Adjusting Screw Direct

Details»

which leads us to another part number:  26022-H1000 which seems to have the same application.

Why only the 72-74 620 is listed doesn't make any sense.

The 42182 Dorman appears to be discontinued.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, then, with that attitude, do not try a Nissan dealer, do not try any junkyards, just wait for one to magically appear on E-bay.

Maybe try a hardware store screw, and a nut, run the nut up the screw close to the head of the screw, and Loctite it in place.

I have at least 2 dozen on my three vehicles. (sorry, being used) probably could scare up another half dozen laying around. The point is if I have this many how many others have that and more? Post an ad.... hell I just thought of 8 more I have.

Well, then, with that attitude, do not try a Nissan dealer, do not try any junkyards, just wait for one to magically appear on E-bay.

Maybe try a hardware store screw, and a nut, run the nut up the screw close to the head of the screw, and Loctite it in place.

Thanks for a Great Solution!

It's driving me nuts having to spend so much TIME dealing with these two misplaced screws while I'm missing major parts (and yes, I have a WTB ad for them)

HOWEVER, I was thinking of how to fab one with a conventional M5 screw - I was thinking of welding/silver soldering a washer to make the groove - or weld the M5 threads on one of many dozens of headlight adjusting screws that I have from other cars.

But DanielC, I hadn't thought of the obvious just running a nut up to produce the groove which is a SUPERB IDEA!  If the local hardware stores have the M8-0.8, that is what I'm going to do!  In fact, I might even turn a diameter on the nut so it looks OE.  (I'm sure as soon as I do this, I'll find the 2 I misplaced - of course.)