different with a datsun motor???

1972 Morris Minor Pickup-Extremely Rare Classic Truck!!! - $7500 (Simpsonville)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to: sale-840983581@craigslist.org [?]

Date: 2008-09-14, 10:18PM EDT

1972 Morris Minor- This is a very rare classic truck imported from New Zeland. It is in very good condition. Four cylinder, Five Speed, Right hand drive, with two leather bucket seats, and like new black carpet. Original Morris Hubcaps. The interior and exterior is very clean. It runs and drives okay, but could use a tune up. It has a 69-73 Datsun motor in it. Asking $7,500 obo. The truck is worth $9,500. For more information call Justin @ (864)235-7211 or (864)320-7058 if I am unavailable at the first number.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been into the thought of Morris trucks for a while, and wanted one before I got a Datsun. And I've wanted one with a nissan engine!

I have seen a few w/ nissan heart transplants. If I found one w/ a nissan engine in my price range, it might be the one thing I would sell my 521 for. THough a 320 would really tempt me!

Thanks for posting these ads btw, but it would be great if you actually posted a link directly to the CL ad. Especially if there are pictures!

^^ Naw man I think it is great that you are posting these trucks, really!

And welcome! Anyone who works on dattos and wants to add to the community in anyway is welcome here.

And I feel your pain in trying to find Dattos on the east coast. I am in MA now, but lived in fairfax county VA during my highschool days.

Heck every once in a while I will do a country wide craigslist search for dattos, and post them all in one massive thread with links.

Your doing fine, just use that little paperclip over the planet on the tool bar above where you type your message.:)

i will try to shoot photo's next time, but i am really really bad with computers.....:confused:

thats cool, your not all west coast boys....i live next door in prince william...i struggle to find original parts, been to every junk yard in VA and walked them all looking for parts...finally found an arizona ride missing the front of the motor....thinking electric or a motor conversion????

site is awesome and informative....some of you veterns are impressive with knowledge of the old datsuns....

I had a Morris Minor Van with an A14 and a 5-spd. Since I have a Datto, I was going to shorten an S10 chassis and stick it under the van with a small block Chevy.

I'm getting too old for these multi-year fab projects, so I just recently let it go.

I'll see if I have a pic. The A-series into a Morris is very common, but you don't see many Morris Minors around the USA too often.

Van.jpg

Here's a pic of the van. I'll see if I can find an engine pic somewhere.

The stock Morris motors are so anemic, they can't get out of their own way! The std van rear axle ratio is 5:13 and top speed is 45 mph or so. Don't even think it'll stop! The brakes are worse than the original BMC motors..

No way Pete! My best friend went to west springfield! I lived in Burke and went to Lake Braddock. Graduated class of 90.

Way, dude. In the sixties, Burke wasn't where most folks would go. Think 'Deliverance'. I think there was one paved road.

Heck, when we moved into West Springfield, they were still shooting deer near the golf course. Place is now wall-to-wall developments.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.