77 620 "the blue buzzard"

teagueauto21

I mounted my 4 wheeler tires on the truck to roll it outside and see how it's gonna sit, it sits a little higher in the back than what i wanted hopefully the bed will drop it down a bit! Sorry for the shifty cell phone pics.

20150109_163116_zpssdd7emrr.jpg

20150109_163137_zpsbbykufvo.jpg

I also made me a ratsun style shifter, what do y'all think?

20150109_174428_zps3vgp9wzu.jpg

20150109_174446_zps9qbmd8m7.jpg

• Like 5
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man, its just big enough for me to get the datto in and move around but nothing bigger than that. I pulled my single cab dodge in there and i can barely shut the door.

Well you have to sell the dodge and get another Datsun.  Much cheaper than building a bigger shop!  LOL

The only pic i took today was of the damage that happened while unloading it off the trailer, when the truck started rolling backwards and the door was still opened and it got caught up on the trailer fender.

20150111_161326_zpssvxpxdke.jpg

It didn't get the fender thank god, but now i have to do more body work than before!

• Like 1

dude we have the same shop , maybe even he same color combo ! I love mine , considering adding another 20 feet to mine and adding a lift .

IMAG4274_zpscup2pkit.jpg

And sorry to hear about the door , it sucks when you accidentally add work to yourself.  

I like the  shift lever , and used to drink the beer which I also like . 

• Like 2

Yeah its a great color, what a coincidence! I'm going to add about 20 ft to the front and hopefully next year a whole other bay to the side about 20 x 40 then it will be big enough for my needs, and i really need a lift bad the one at my grandad shop just doesn't go high enough.

• Like 1

Thats just an added bonus of doing a shop this way is you can add length really easy and you dont have to paint or anything else , I almost added 10 feet over the summer but thats not going to solve my problem , I need to have a rig on a lift and on the ground behind it . So i will wait a few more months and try to get it done this summer . 

Cant wait to see the progress pictures on the truck, the shop will help,  .you've came a long way with the swap , i love seeing people that are willing to build outside the normal rules . good job !

• Like 2

Where did you guys buy these shops at? Steel building place? 

I'm got my local with set up in the Northwest is 3300 for mine . is 18 x 20  , 7 ' garage door ( should of done 8' ) and a man door . I leveled the pad myself , and 12 yards of 3/4 minus . and in my county no foundation means no permit . so 3500 ish total .

I can get you the number they are local . 

• Like 2

Mine is the exact same specs, i still have to poor my concrete and install my walk in door but that will come after income taxes!

Charlie here are my new seats they come out of my uncles Suzuki swift, he had them covered in this awful material but hell they were free i think i can deal with them till i get my racing seats!

20150114_165049_zps8a3tjfb0.jpg

• Like 2

I'm got my local with set up in the Northwest is 3300 for mine . is 18 x 20  , 7 ' garage door ( should of done 8' ) and a man door . I leveled the pad myself , and 12 yards of 3/4 minus . and in my county no foundation means no permit . so 3500 ish total .

I can get you the number they are local . 

Thanks for the info, there's a place local to me that I will probably talk to when the time comes. Sounds like a inexpensive option though. 

• Like 1

Mine is the exact same specs, i still have to poor my concrete and install my walk in door but that will come after income taxes!

Charlie here are my new seats they come out of my uncles Suzuki swift, he had them covered in this awful material but hell they were free i think i can deal with them till i get my racing seats!

Ah man when you said ostrich I thought of feathers.  LOL

Thanks man! I Sat the rear end on blocks underneath the frame and took measurments to make sure i had everything lined up correctly before i cut the frame,and yes i can crank the truck and move the wheels but i need to finish my brakelines and i need a new drive shaft before the truck will be driveable.

• 4 weeks later...